Tuesday, May 17, 2022
View larger +
The Cranston Police Department will honor fallen officers at the annual Police Memorial Ceremony scheduled for Wednesday, May 18 at 11:00 a.m. outside Cranston Police Headquarters.
Wednesday’s honors are one of many commemorative events taking place across the country during the long tradition of National Law Enforcement Memorial Week, May 2022. Communities across the United States will hold May 11 events to May 17 to honor and remember those law enforcement officers from across the United States who made the ultimate sacrifice.
Cranston Police Chief Col. Michael J. Winquist will deliver the keynote address, along with remarks from Mayor Kenneth Hopkins. Additionally, the Cranston Police Honor Guard will lead the ceremonial honors.
GET THE LATEST NEWS HERE – SIGN UP FOR GLOCAL’S FREE DAILY EBLAST
“Each year, we continue to come together to honor the heroic officers of the Cranston Police Department and across the country who have made the ultimate sacrifice, as well as the officers who continue to serve despite the inherent risks associated with the profession,” Winquist said. “These officers will never be forgotten and our prayers go out to their families, friends and officers in their respective police departments.”
This special memorial ceremony is open to all members of the public.
Refreshments will be served after the event.
- Cranston police officer struck and injured by a group of motorcyclists and ATVs
- Cranston police charge suspect with murder after fatal home shooting
- Cranston Police arrest a motorbike vandal who used a helmet to smash the window of a police cruiser
- Cranston Police arrest 2 others in ATV/Motorcycle incident with officer on New Years Day
- 14-month-old child left unattended in car at Burlington coat factory – Cranston police arrest parents
- RI State Police and Cranston Police are investigating the suspicious death of an infant
- Cranston Police are looking for a suspect in assault with a baseball bat, possibly a gun
- RI State Police arrest Cranston cop for assault
- Cranston Police release photo of suspect in Citizens Bank robbery
- UPDATE: Cranston Police report a pedestrian was injured after the driver lost control and a car crashed into the house
- Cranston Police are looking for a couple accused of stealing the wallet of an 83-year-old woman
- Cranston Police arrest suspect in multiple bank robberies
- Cranston police investigate $500,000 Taco embezzlement
- UPDATE: Cranston Police Arrest Naked Man
- Cranston Police search for tattooed naked man in red van
- Retired Cranston Police Detective Captain Robert H. Brown Jr. Dies at 56
- Veteran and retired Cranston Police detective Raymond C. Flynn Jr. dies at 86
- Cranston Police make armed robbery arrest at gas station
- Cranston Police: Two men arrested with loaded handgun and narcotics during traffic stop
- Neighbors denounce noise level from Cranston Police Firing Range ‘war zone’ near homes and schools
- Back. Cranston Police Officer and Detective David A. Palazzolo Dies at 71
- Cranston Police Chief hits back at ACLU RI over ‘inaccuracies and lies’
- Cranston Police: The mother of a baby who almost drowned in the swimming pool was inside the house smoking marijuana
- Retired Maj./Deputy Cranston Police Chief Robert W. Ryan dies at 59